Growing with Marion County since 2007
Heart of Florida Health Center began in 2007 with financial support from Munroe Regional Medical Center, Ocala Regional Medical Center, the Marion County Commissioners, and Department of Health. Growing out of what was previously Community Health Services of Marion County, the original goal of Heart of Florida Health Center was to provide patients with a better alternative to spending many hours waiting to be seen in the ER for non-emergency situations.
The original building, located at 1025 SW 1st Avenue, dates back to 1960. It once housed The Florida Department of Health Marion County. In 2008, the building was totally renovated and modernized by the county to provide a pleasant patient atmosphere, primarily funded by the generous donations and in-kind contributions of many local contractors and private individuals. Today, HFHC still collaborates with the two area hospitals, the Florida Department of Health Marion County, and other community agencies.
In 2008, Heart of Florida Health Center was able to accommodate nearly 15,00 patient visits. HFHC accepts most insurances also offering a sliding fee scale for many services; further proving how efficient a community health center can be for Marion County, its residents, and community. In 2009, Heart of Florida Health Center was the status of Federally-Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
Today, we have grown to over 70,000 patient visits. Affordable patient visit fees allow us to continue to treat each patient at 66.3% less than the national clinic average.