Sharing this Special Time with You
At Heart of Florida Health Center, we provide Prenatal Care, keeping the comfort of our maternity patients in mind. By partnering with the Midwives of Ocala who deliver locally at Advent Health Ocala, our patients have the benefit and convenience of receiving individualized care during their pregnancy and possible pregnancy complications. HFHC meets the needs of our moms whether insured, under insured, or uninsured; as well as offering a sliding fee discount program for those who qualify. We also offer group visits for mothers-to-be in visits called, “Centering Pregnancy.” HFHC is proud to be able to offer another convenient service for our patients…including our future ones!
What happens at your first prenatal appointment?
The first prenatal appointment is very important. Your doctor, midwife or nurse will ask questions about your health history and your family history. You will review what to expect during pregnancy and have the opportunity ask questions about your care to keep you and your baby healthy.
During your prenatal visits you will learn:
- The importance of early and regular prenatal care
- How to reduce the risks of pregnancy complications
- Nutritional Information for following a healthy diet
- About the stages of your baby’s development
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- What to expect after you have your baby
- Behavioral Health services available