It’s OK To Ask For Help
A Behavioral Health Counselor is part of your primary care team. Behavioral Health Counselors are Clinical Social Workers with master’s degrees. They partner with you and your rimary care Provider to help you deal with stress, depression, anxiety, family conflicts, grief and loss, substance abuse, chronic pain, school problems, and traumatic stress disorders.
What kind of services are available?
- Individual therapy
- Couple and family counseling
- Education and motivational support for healthier living (e.g., exercise, sleep, eating, social skills, stress management)
- Individual and group therapy and recovery support for substance abuse
- Medication assisted treatment for alcohol and opioid use disorders
- Care coordination and referral
Who can get services?
All Heart of Florida Health Center patients are eligible for services.
Which locations have services?
All locations have services in person or by telehealth. Our telehealth equipment uses a secure, confidential connection that allows patients and consultants to communicate between all HFHC locations.
Can HFHC prescribe medications for behavioral health?
Talk with your primary care Provider. He or she may be able to prescribe medication, or will refer you to a psychiatrist for a specialized evaluation. The behavioral health consultant will coordinate care with your prescriber.
What services are not provided?
• Evaluations required by an outside organization (e.g., school, court, or Social Security disability). You can authorize us to release your records to an outside organization.
• 24-hour crisis services. If you are in crisis after business hours, call 9-1-1 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to connect with the nearest crisis center.
What about fees?
We accept most insurances. If you have Medicaid, Medicare, or other insurance, services may be covered but you may have a co-pay or deductible. A sliding scale is available for those who qualify. No one is denied services based on ability to pay.
How do I get an appointment?
• Ask your primary care Provider to refer you. Same day visits may be available in person or by telehealth.
• Call 352.732.6599 to request an appointment with a behavioral health consultant. A consultant will contact you.