Provider & Leadership Opportunity
The pharmacist-in-charge (PIC) ensures accurate prescriptions from intake to final verification, inventory, managing technicians and workflow, while also supporting the Pharmacy Director in ensuring that the pharmacy stays within applicable regulatory entity compliance. They shall be responsible for assisting providers in choosing the correct drug therapies, avoiding adverse medication interactions and events, and communicating with staff across the organization. Pharmacists must also counsel and educate patients, caregivers, staff, and other medical professionals regarding appropriate medication use. PIC’s will ensure proper staffing levels, and ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must have a valid Florida pharmacist license in good standing.
- Must be immunization certified and hold a current BLS/CPR certification.
- Must have a valid NPI number.
- A minimum of three to five years of clinical and supervisory experience.
- Ability to supervise and train technicians, while also effectively communicating with providers and support staff to increase interdisciplinary collaboration.
- The ability to delegate responsibilities and create a climate of teamwork and accountability.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize the scheduling of work.
- Must demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Employee must demonstrate an understanding of the intent, and follow standards, guidelines, and protocols related to achieving and maintaining certifications by outside agencies in order to maintain 340b accreditation.
- Must demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to the mission of Heart of Florida Health System and its Mission Statement and the Achievement of Performance Standards of Principles of Practice.
- Ability to provide bilingual (predominantly English and Spanish) patient care is a plus.
- Familiarity with PioneerRx and ECW platforms is preferred but not required.
- Provides direct patient care at the Heart of Florida Health Center pharmacy sites.
Leadership Qualifications / Requirements
- Decision-making authority regarding staff schedules, PTO approvals, and patient complaints/resolutions.
- Verify prescription entry, insurance, and final product via PioneerRx by comparing product, data entered into the system to the original prescription received to ensure the patient received the proper prescription and it is billed accordingly.
- Drug therapy consultation via phone, app, or in-person to ensure patient understanding and compliance with medications received. Also, to make aware of possible/common side effects, interactions, and utilization of products such as insulin and blood glucose monitors.
- Provides consultative services to patients and professional staff to ensure safe, effective, and cost-effective use of medications.
- Orders medications through McKesson by predicting pharmacy needs and fulfilling new orders.
- Communication with prescribers about patient, prescription, and medication concerns via phone and/or ECW.
- Answers phone calls to address prescriber and patient questions and concerns.
- Verify billing accuracy for ISaved and Marion County programs.
- Process prescription delivery to patient homes and Marion County Jail.
- Fill and verify schedule II prescriptions and maintain manual and digital inventory. Also, maintain inventory for schedule III-V medications.
- Reviews physician orders to assure accuracy and appropriateness and intervenes with prescriber and documents interventions as required.
- Managing the pharmacy staff and the inventory and ensuring the safe storage of prescription drugs and controlled substances.
- Transfer prescriptions to competitor pharmacies based on patient requests.
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager and also Pharmacy Director by communicating relevant information to pharmacy staff.
- In collaboration with the Pharmacy Manager and Pharmacy Director, maintains OSHA regulations.
- Pharmacy Manager and/or Pharmacy Director may modify, add, or remove essential job functions as necessary, or as changing organizational needs require.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
401K with company match
Short-and Long-Term Disability
The Population Served
As part of the Patient Centered Medical Home Model of care, the employee will advocate for patient’s best interest and make recommendations for patient special needs such as interpreter services; identified barriers to care such as transportation, medication assistance, outreach, and health education; influence patient’s engagement in their care; promoting a continuum of safe, quality, and cost-effective patient care.
Our mission is to improve the overall health status of Marion County residents by providing quality primary medical, dental and mental health services to all residents, but in particular to those residents who would not otherwise be able to access the services due to financial limitation and/or lack of health insurance.
Integrity * Quality * Respect * Collaboration * Compassion