Provider & Leadership Opportunity
Chief Information OfficerApply Now
The Chief Information Officer will develop, plan, and implement an information technology (IT) strategy that meets the company’s business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security. Responsible for the oversight and optimization of computer systems and technology resources, and providing solutions to complex IT issues as they arise.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management Systems or relevant experience, Master’s degree preferred, and at least 5 years senior level progressive IT management experience
- Requires a broad knowledge of the principles of current technology and telecommunications including application software, operating systems, database engines, communications protocols, and systems design processes.
- Must have a service orientation and can apply complex technologies to business requirements.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
Leadership Qualifications / Requirements
- A person in this position must be a visionary with supervisory and administrative experience, mature judgment, good leadership, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- The ability to delegate responsibilities and create a climate of teamwork and accountability is needed.
Full Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term insurances, generous PTO from the onset, 11 paid holidays, 401K with up to 5% match and much more!
Compensation range starts at $120,000, based on experience.
- Provides ongoing assessment, development of policies and recommendations for and implementation of information systems, to include but not limited to Practice Management, and Medical and Dental Health Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Responsible for strategic vision, tactical planning, and for the administration of all grants and contracts associated with information systems, as well as providing any necessary IT documentation for grants requirements for other departments.
- Responsible for delivering continuous access to all the features and benefits of computer-based health management information systems.
- Responsible for the financial planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and financial reporting for information systems.
- Works with Finance to approve and provide requested software and hardware needs as allowed by budgetary constraints.
- Works through vendors to maximize the user value of all applications.
- Develop and implement a technology training program to develop the application skills of all users.
- As Security Officer, tasked with ensuring organization is compliant with HIPAA and other regulatory guidelines.
- Works with the Leadership to develop systems supporting outcome measurement, clinical practice guidelines, and performance measurement.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer in the administration of policies, plans, programs, and proposals that will further the goals and objectives stated in the grant application and program expectations.
- Maintains and upgrades all hardware and software associated with information systems.
- Co-chair Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) committee. Attend Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement & Performance Improvement committees.
- Responsible for the compiling and review of the 330-grant application in conjunction with Senior Leadership Team.
- Participates in HFHC-sponsored programs and be involved with local, state, and national activities when applicable to position.
- Assist with employee retention by participating actively in planning and preparation for special events and/or projects arising from committees such as the Mentor, Retention or Personnel Committees.
- Responsible for the development and management of the IT departmental staff, including training, ongoing professional development, goal setting and performance management.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the CEO.
- Must demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Will advocate for the patient’s best interest and make recommendations for patient special needs such as interpreter services; identified barriers to care such as transportation, medication assistance, outreach and health education; influence patient’s engagement in their care; promoting a continuum of safe, quality, and cost-effective patient care.
- Must abide by the Code of Conduct as documented in the Corporate Compliance Manual.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the intent, and follow standards, guidelines and protocols related to achieving and maintaining certifications by outside agencies.
- Must possess the ability to follow CEO’s instructions and maintain regular attendance.
- Management may modify, add or remove essential job functions as necessary, or as changing organizational needs require.
- Maintains respect for confidential information gained through employment at HFHC, unless legally authorized or required to divulge such information.
- Must demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to Heart of Florida Health Center and its Mission Statement.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This is a moderately active role, which requires the ability to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds, bending and standing as necessary.
- Must be able to lift, carry and handle equipment, supplies and other work site materials based on position duty requirements.
The Population Served
As part of the Patient Centered Medical Home Model of care, the employee will advocate for patient’s best interest and make recommendations for patient special needs such as interpreter services; identified barriers to care such as transportation, medication assistance, outreach, and health education; influence patient’s engagement in their care; promoting a continuum of safe, quality, and cost-effective patient care.
Our mission is to improve the overall health status of Marion County residents by providing quality primary medical, dental and mental health services to all residents, but in particular to those residents who would not otherwise be able to access the services due to financial limitation and/or lack of health insurance.
Integrity * Quality * Respect * Collaboration * Compassion